Self-employed workers | MIA Assurances

Since the French Social Security scheme for the self-employed (RSI) came to an end in 2017, non-salaried workers are covered under the general Social Security scheme. As the reimbursements from the basic scheme are insufficient, it’s important to supplement your reimbursements with a top-up health insurance plan.

So, how do you choose the best insurance plan for your self-employed business?

There are more and more plans on the market, specially designed for the self-employed. It’s not always easy to sift through all these options but we recommend refining your search by:

  • Defining who will be covered by the plan: only you, your spouse and/or your children?
  • Do you wear glasses? Are your children having orthodontic treatment? Are you planning a pregnancy in your family? Do you consult specialists who charge excess fees?
  • Compare the coverage limits: for example, for alternative medicine, would a reimbursement of €30 per treatment be appropriate or would it not be enough?


  1. We look at your needs and your existing plans, if you have any.
  2. Our team of experts in self-employed insurance draws up your specifications.
  3. We search among our 40 insurance partners.
  4. We present you with a selection of insurance plans at the best price and in compliance with your legal obligations.

Find the best insurance plan for the self-employed

Don’t forget to deduct your premiums from your income!

MIA Assurances will take into account your status as a self-employed worker and find you a plan that falls within the advantageous tax framework of the Madelin Law, meaning you can deduct the premiums from your net taxable income. A Madelin insurance plan can make a real difference to your finances!

Get a quote